In September 2020, a number of contractors hired to demolish Pier 58 on the Seattle waterfront were violently plunged into…
Karr Tuttle Campbell assists both mature and emerging software, e-commerce and technology companies in a wide range of legal matters, including entity formation and structuring, executive compensation arrangements, tax matters, privacy issues, business methods, antitrust compliance, equity and debt financings, and mergers, acquisitions and dispositions. Our attorneys have considerable experience with patent, copyright, trademark and other intellectual property matters relating to these industries, and have represented parties on all sides of a broad range of transactions common to them – development agreements, licensing and distribution arrangements, maintenance and support agreements, confidentiality and non-competition arrangements, and strategic alliances, among others. We understand the challenges and concerns facing such enterprises at all stages of their growth.
A Few Examples of Engagements in this Practice Area
- Licensing AudioControl ‘s technology for production and distribution of a multi-room audio system controller
- Representing Bridgeway Corporation in its license of system management software to Pacific Bell Telephone in California
- Formation of Cosmos, Inc. (later Revelation Technologies) and subsequent representation of the company in a host of computer software licensing arrangements with Microdata (McDonnell Douglas), Prime Computers, Inc. and various VARS and OEMs throughout North America and Europe
- Computer software licensing for MasterSoft International of Australia and affiliated entities in their relationship with Group 1 Software Inc.
- Laser technology licensing for Synrad, Inc.
- Counsel to Kaseya Corporation and related entities in the establishment of their worldwide relationships for development and licensing of proprietary software technology
- Advising Captura Software, Inc. in its acquisition of Workflow Solutions, Inc.
- Representation of Serverware, Inc. in its acquisition by Asymetrix Corporation
- Assisting AZCAR Technologies, Inc. of Toronto with negotiations for acquisition of a local provider of technical services to ESPN