For many years, Karr Tuttle Campbell has handled matters of professional liability for corporate officers and directors, lawyers, physicians and other health care providers, dentists, accountants, architects, clergy and other professionals.
With the advent of the substantial economic and structural changes that have affected most professional groups, including lawyers and law firms, Karr Tuttle Campbell has represented and consulted with such firms concerning personnel matters and internal business affairs, including firm divisions and dissolutions, lease renegotiations, severance and discharge of lawyers, ethical matters, fee disputes, “errors and omissions,” and other problems involving claimed misconduct.
Some Representative Matters
- Case involving claims against an urologist involving alleged failure to diagnose prostate cancer.
- Defense of family planning clinic in case involving alleged failure to diagnose pregnancy (wrongful birth). Case was dismissed upon successful motion for summary judgment.
- Case involving a pathologist in wrongful life/ wrongful birth case.
Claims against an orthopedic surgeon alleging negligently-performed foot operation.
- Defense of architect in case involving the negligent design of a school roof. Favorable settlement was negotiated for a small fraction of the initial claim.
- Defense of an attorney in a malpractice action alleging failure to pursue claim for a job-site injury causing significant brain damage. Case was dismissed on motion for summary judgment.
- Defense of an attorney in an action alleging failure to file suit within the applicable statute of limitations.
- Defense of sole practice attorney relating to his involvement in a complex real estate financing and marketing agreement for residential development.
- Defense of individual attorneys and their firm against claims of professional malpractice in trademark and patent work.
- Defense of a sole practitioner against claims for mishandling wrongful death actions.
- Defense of professional engineers and a small engineering firm against claims alleging malpractice, fraud, and property damage. Two-week trial resulted in complete defense verdict.
- Defense of a psychiatrist in claims of improper physical relationship with a client. Trial resulting in defense verdict.