Adam Matherly’s practice focuses primarily on transactional business and finance matters. He represents companies, angel investors, and venture capital funds in connection with private securities offerings, including equity, debt, and convertible securities offerings, including equity, debt, and convertible securities offerings. Adam regularly serves as outside general counsel for emerging companies, assisting with initial business structuring and organization, equity incentive plans, corporate governance, commercial agreements, reorganizations, and mergers and acquisitions. Adam also counsels clients on trademark, copyright, patent, and other intellectual property matters, including licensing and technology transfer transactions.
Prior to joining Karr Tuttle Campbell, Adam managed his own law firm where he served as outside general counsel for high-technology companies. Concurrently, he managed the daily operations of a client aerospace tooling company as its Vice-President and COO.
- Represented biotechnology company in multiple preferred stock and convertible securities offering transactions resulting in proceeds in excess of $100 million.
- Represented SAAS provider in its $57 million Series B offering and related $32 million secondary stock sales transactions.
- Represented VC fund as lead investor in connection with 10+ preferred stock and convertible securities offerings.
- Represented payment processing software company in its $60 million acquisition by private equity firm.
- Represented RMM/PSA platform provider in its $50 million acquisition by private equity firm.
Presentations & Publications
- Panelist, UW Student-Athlete NIL Legal Q&A
- Speaker, “Convertible Note Offerings,” Seattle Angel Conference
- Speaker, “Equity Compensation Issues for Startup Companies,” Seattle Angel Conference
Adam enjoys golfing, fishing, and relaxing with his wife and son. He also plays competitive men’s soccer and is a strong supporter of Liverpool F.C.