Hawaiian coffee farmers have alleged that Kroger has breached a settlement agreement to stop selling falsely labeled “Kona” coffee and urged a Washington federal judge to order the grocery chain to turn over sales records so the farmers can calculate the damages.
Long before “green” and “global warming” were buzz words, Karr Tuttle Campbell attorneys were helping our clients to balance personal and commercial goals with the growing demands and challenges of environmental responsibility. Drawing on this depth of experience, our lawyers consult with clients in matters of regulatory compliance, environmental audit coordination, transactional due diligence, and the prosecution or defense of environmental claims.
Examples of recent experience
- Cost recovery litigation under CERCLA and MTCA
- Citizen suit and storm-water-discharge litigation under the Clean Water Act
- Representation of clients in administrative enforcement actions
- Coordination and management of environmental audits and remediation plans
- Performance of environmental due diligence in connection with business transactions
- Resolution of toxic tort, nuisance, and insurance coverage disputes associated with the release of hazardous substances.
We understand that litigation sometimes can be protracted, disruptive, or unpredictable. Karr Tuttle Campbell attorneys work closely with clients to develop practical, cost-effective strategies that minimize the chance of litigation and often avoid it altogether. However, when litigation is required, a favorable outcome often depends upon the skill and creativity of a seasoned advocate. Our attorneys offer environmental counsel with decades of courtroom and mediation experience and a record of success.
In September 2020, a number of contractors hired to demolish Pier 58 on the Seattle waterfront were violently plunged into…