Hawaiian coffee farmers have alleged that Kroger has breached a settlement agreement to stop selling falsely labeled “Kona” coffee and urged a Washington federal judge to order the grocery chain to turn over sales records so the farmers can calculate the damages.
Our Transportation, Trade and Commerce practice provides clients with comprehensive services on a broad range of transportation and trade issues. The group provides advice on matters including import duty and regulatory compliance, Department of Commerce and Homeland Security enforcement, penalties and forfeiture actions, export regulations, trade treaty and export provisions, cargo, general average, bill of lading, carriage of transport and warehouse disputes, problems related to vessel and equipment damage and property issues. We have provided counsel in the Court of International Trade, international arbitration proceedings administered by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), as well as through other major international arbitral tribunals and mediations. We also are experienced in the enforcement of foreign arbitral awards and obtaining provisional relief in aid of international arbitration proceedings.
Examples of Situations in Which We Have Represented Clients
- Anti-dumping reviews in Asia with the U.S. Department of Commerce for reduction of duties
- Trade litigation in the Court of International Trade and U.S. District Courts
- Negotiations with the U.S. Department of Commerce, Trade and Customs
- Defending and pursuing carriage of goods claims
- Representing major national and international airlines
- Handling transportation insurance matters
- Arresting ships
- Casualty claims
- Breach of Contract claims
- Commercial Contract Disputes
- Transportation Contracts and Agreements
Our attorneys represent a diverse group of clients, including liability and cargo insurers, underwriters and operators, shipyards, banks and other financial institutions, as well as businesses and individuals.
In September 2020, a number of contractors hired to demolish Pier 58 on the Seattle waterfront were violently plunged into…