Join us Thursday, February 22, 2024, from 12:00 – 1:00 pm PST, for a Zoom Webinar with KTC Presenter, Kripa…
Karr Tuttle Campbell’s attorneys have represented a wide variety of clients in disputes involving land use. These clients include counties, public utility districts, developers and private landowners.
Some Land Use Issues Which Commonly Arise
- Zoning designations, comprehensive PDNs and project mitigation
- Building and land development permits
- Appeals before the Growth Management Hearings Board and local government administrative tribunals
- Appeals involving shoreline and wetlands regulations
- Constitutional claims, including due process and equal protection issues
- Lawsuits involving flooding, landslides and other disasters
A Small Sample of Representative Cases:
- SSNW v. Jefferson County. In a lawsuit that involved the operation of an unpermitted paramilitary training base above Discovery Bay, Karr Tuttle Campbell represented Jefferson County. We were successful in hearings before the Hearings Examiner, Superior Court and the Washington Court of Appeals.
- Pepper v. J.J. Welcome Construction Co. and King County, 73 Wn. App. 523. In this case, multiple parties were sued for damages caused by landslides and flooding above the Snoqualmie River. Karr Tuttle Campbell successfully obtained dismissal of all claims against King County, and in the process refined Washington caselaw relating to the Public Duty Doctrine and inverse condemnation.
- Thoeny v. Olympic Pipeline Co., 124 Wn. App. 31. Karr Tuttle Campbell attorneys successfully represented Olympic Pipeline Company in Superior Court and the Court of Appeals in an eminent domain action involving an interstate petroleum pipe line.
- Save NE Tacoma. The NorthShore Golf Course is the centerpiece of a planned residential development in NE Tacoma. KTC is representing homeowners within the planned residential development in seeking to enforce requirements for the golf course to remain as open space in perpetuity.