Hawaiian coffee farmers have alleged that Kroger has breached a settlement agreement to stop selling falsely labeled “Kona” coffee and urged a Washington federal judge to order the grocery chain to turn over sales records so the farmers can calculate the damages.
Attorneys at Karr Tuttle Campbell’s have extensive experience in analyzing, preparing, and negotiating CEO and other senior executive compensation arrangements. We are frequently engaged to design and implement many different types of compensation agreements and plans to achieve our clients’ objectives, including the retention of key executives and the profitable growth of a business. With the growing emphasis on equity-based approaches to executive compensation, customized non-qualified plans and agreements have become an important part of the total compensation package for executives. We assist employers and executives in the design, drafting and negotiation of executive employment agreements and compensation programs, including stock options, stock appreciation rights, phantom stock, restricted stock grants, restricted stock units, non-qualified deferred compensation, severance arrangements, and non-competition clauses. We frequently advise clients to ensure compliance with the myriad of laws and regulations that apply to such agreements and compensation programs, including income tax and securities regulation, COBRA and HIPAA.
Among the types of arrangements with which we have dealt extensively are:
- CEO and other executive officer employment agreements and severance arrangements
- Director compensation arrangements
- Annual cash incentive plans
- Long-term cash incentive compensation plans
- Equity-based incentive compensation plans (using stock options, restricted stock grants and units, stock appreciation rights, performance units, and other equity-based interests)
- Deferred compensation arrangements
- Supplemental retirement benefit arrangements
- Change-in-control agreements and other officer and employee protection programs
- Indemnification arrangements
In September 2020, a number of contractors hired to demolish Pier 58 on the Seattle waterfront were violently plunged into…