Scott Gary’s practice focuses on business and finance matters. His diverse business-related practice involves a variety of issues that combine business, corporate and intellectual property law. He often handles matters that include, but are not limited to: trademarks, licensing, mergers and acquisitions, finance, distribution and franchising, business formations, limited liability companies (LLCs), partnerships and joint venture transactions.
Scott also regularly assists clients with competitive issues, tax planning, regulatory compliance, and other business needs. He has represented many clients before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
Formerly, he was a law clerk to The Honorable Walter T. McGovern, Chief Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
- Author, “A Practical Guide to Limited Liability Companies,” Washington CEO Magazine
- Author, “Interstate and Foreign Commerce Issues,” Washington State and Local Tax Deskbook, Washington State Bar Association
- Author, “Limited Liability Companies,” National Business Institute
- Chapter Author, “Federal Taxation of Real Estate Transactions,” Washington Lawyer’s Practice Manual
- Author, “Washington Business Taxes,” National Business Institute
- Speaker, “International Transaction Aspects of Washington State Excise Taxes,” Washington State Tax Conference