Jacque’s practice focuses on providing litigation and transactional counseling in the land use development and real estate industries. This includes representing a broad range of clients, from small businesses to large international corporations; and from single-family tenants and landlords, to multi-building residential and commercial property owners and managers.
Jacque has significant experience drafting, negotiating, and litigating both commercial and residential leases and purchase and sale agreements. She regularly represents and advises clients on boundary and title issues. Jacque also assists clients, from the initial application through the appeals process, with land use, permitting, zoning issues, and entitlement issues.
- Successfully represented two short-term Seattle rental owners, in an appeal of the City’s revocation of their short-term rental licenses, which allowed for their licenses to be reinstated.
- Serves as outside legal counsel for numerous multi-family housing owners and managers in Washington state.
- Serves as outside legal counsel for large mixed-use building owners in Washington state.
- Successfully represented a family, who had fled gang violence in El Salvador, in a pro bono asylum application process; this allowed them to remain in the United States indefinitely.
Presentations & Publications
- Author, “Temporary Restrictions on Evictions and Foreclosures in Seattle,” KTC Client Alert (2020)
- Author, “Commercial Lease Obligations in the Time of COVID-19,” KTC Client Alert (2020)
Awards & Unique Recognition
- Designated a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, for multiple consecutive years beginning in 2014-2022, consecutively.
Outside of the office, Jacque enjoys attending Seahawks games, skiing, traveling, camping and spending time with her twin sons and husband. Jacque especially enjoys helping with her boys’ baseball and soccer teams.