Kirsten Ambach’s practice focuses on estate planning, trusts, and estate administration. She counsels clients on all aspects of the estate planning process, including tax strategies, complex trusts, asset protection, intrafamily gifts, and other wealth transfers. Kirsten guides individual and professional fiduciaries through the estate and trust administration process.
Presentations & Publications
- Interview, “The Confusing Fallout of Dying Without a Will,” Wall Street Journal (2023)
- Co-Speaker, “On the Road Again: Counseling Clients Crossing State Borders,” Estate Planning Council of Seattle’s 67th Annual Estate Planning Seminar (2022)
- Speaker, “Washington’s Real Estate Excise Tax: What is Changing and a Review of Some Exemptions Important to Estate Planners,” Washington ACTEC Study Group (2019)
- Speaker, “QTIP Election of a Washington Exemption Trust,” Washington State Bar Association (2018)
- Speaker, “Nuts and Bolts of Probate,” Skagit County Bar Association (2017)
- Author, “Mechanics behind the 1% Washington QTIP Election,” Washington State Bar Association Newsletter (2017)
- Speaker, “Portability, Estate, Gift, GST Taxes, and Basis, Estate Administration Boot Camp,” NBI (2016)
- Speaker, “Tax Planning and Reporting, Advanced Estate and Trust Administration,” NBI (2016)
Awards & Recognition
- Named one of Washington’s Super Lawyers for several consecutive years beginning in 2008
- Recognized as a Five Star Professional by Seattle Magazine
Outside of the office, Kirsten enjoys keep up with her children, quiet runs, and good books.