J. Dino Vasquezhttps://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/J-Dino-Vasquez-web-1024x453.jpg 1024 453 Karr Tuttle Campbell Karr Tuttle Campbell https://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/J-Dino-Vasquez-web-1024x453.jpg
J. Dino Vasquez is a Karr Tuttle Campbell shareholder and a commercial lawyer who handles local, national and international commercial disputes and transactions. He is licensed to practice in California, Washington, Alaska and the Court of International Trade in New York. Dino focuses on the rights and obligations of parties in commercial transactions and trade matters, including compliance with import and export statutes, as well as risk management strategies.
J. Dino Vasquez is a commercial litigator, licensed in California, Washington and Alaska. He represents clients in all three states and actively practices in state, federal and administrative courts.
He handles local, national and international commercial disputes and transactions. He focuses on the rights and obligations of parties in commercial transactions and trade matters.
As part of his international practice, Dino has litigated before the Court of International Trade and international tribunals for arbitration and mediation. He also provides advice regarding compliance with import, export, trade statutes and treaties. He interacts and negotiates with the U.S. State Department and its Office of Defense Trade Control, in addition to its Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security, Department of Justice, Department of Homeland Security and office of Customs Enforcement. On behalf of carriers, freight forwarders, importers and exporters, he has also litigated maritime and domestic transport matters involving cargo and bill of lading disputes, property and vessel damage and warehousing disputes.
In his domestic practice, Dino represents and counsels professionals, such as lawyers, agents, brokers, general contractors, developers and owners, engineers and architects with professional liability issues, risk management and transactions. He has represented property owners, general contractors and subcontractors on major construction litigation involving lease disputes, breach of contract, construction defect claims, condemnation/eminent domain litigation with governmental entities and property rights disputes between adjoining property owners. He has represented both insureds and insurers in complex, high-value property claims and coverage disputes.
Dino is active in community issues such as hunger relief and childhood development through his involvement as a Director on Food Lifeline’s Board and Director of the West Seattle/Fauntleroy YMCA Board. He also provides pro bono services to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Character and Fitness Board 2008-2009
- Committee for Diversity 2004-2006
- King County Bar Association
- Judicial Evaluation Committee 2001-2005
- Federal Bar Association, Western District of Washington
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Asian Bar Association of Washington
- Filipino Lawyers of Washington
- Washington State Bar, 1995
- Alaska State Bar, 2001
- California State Bar, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1990
- U.S. District Court of Alaska, 2001
- U.S. Court of International Trade, NY, 2008
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 2015
- J.D., Boston College Law School, 1988
- B.A., St. Mary’s University, 1984