Thomas “Tom” D. Adamshttps://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Seattle-Business-Attorney-Tom-Adams-1-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Karr Tuttle Campbell Karr Tuttle Campbell https://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Seattle-Business-Attorney-Tom-Adams-1-1024x683.jpg
Thomas D. Adams dedicates his work to representing businesses and their officers, directors, and owners in complex commercial disputes.
Tom Adams represents businesses and their officers, directors, and owners in complex commercial disputes. He appears frequently in the state and federal courts of Washington and Oregon as well as in arbitration venues.
Tom is a highly experienced advocate who confronts client problems with practical assessments and effective responses implemented through litigation, arbitration, and private negotiation, as circumstances require. Tom takes pride in developing and deploying effective legal strategies and remaining responsive and accessible to clients throughout the engagement.
- Bradburn v. North Central Regional Library District (Washington Supreme Court) defended public library system’s internet filtering policy against 1st Amendment-based challenges.
- Commercial Aircraft Litigation Defended FAA-licensed aircraft maintenance organization on damage claims following nose-gear collapse.
- Vision One LLC v. Philadelphia Ins. Co. (Washington Supreme Court) defended insurer against claims arising from the collapse of a condominium project during construction.
- Feenix Parkside LLC v. Berkley North Pac. (Wash. Ct. Apps) Represented commercial building owner on a collapse claim based on ambiguous policy.
- Puget Sound Resources v. Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway (9th Circuit) Defended railroad in environmental contribution litigation.
- Federal Trade Comm. v. Dalbey (Colorado District Court) Defended entrepreneur on claims of false and deceptive advertising under the FTC Act.
- Opiate Litigation. Defended pharmaceutical manufacturer in various lawsuits against negligence and other claims based on marketing of FDA-approved medications.
Tom is a frequent writer and speaker on a variety of litigation and dispute resolution topics.
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Washington State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Oregon State Bar
- J.D., Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College
- B.A., University of Oregon
Tom has been designated a Super Lawyer from 2015-2022, consecutively.
Outside of the office, Tom is an avid motorcyclist and golfer. He also enjoys almost any outdoor activity especially boating, hiking in the Cascades, and traveling abroad with family.