Thomas D. Adamshttps://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Thomas-D-Admas-web-1024x453.jpg 1024 453 Karr Tuttle Campbell Karr Tuttle Campbell https://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Thomas-D-Admas-web-1024x453.jpg
Thomas D. Adams is a Karr Tuttle Campbell shareholder who dedicates his work to representing businesses and their officers, directors, and owners in complex commercial disputes. Licensed to practice in Washington, Oregon and federal courts, Tom is a highly skilled attorney with extensive experience in litigation, arbitration and private negotiation.
Thomas D. Adams represents businesses and their officers, directors, and owners in complex commercial disputes. Tom appears frequently in state and federal courts throughout the Pacific Northwest. He is an experienced advocate who confronts problems with practical assessments and effective responses implemented through litigation, arbitration, or private negotiation as circumstances require. He prides himself on clear and timely communication and broad accessibility to clients. Tom received the designation “Super Lawyer” from Super Lawyers from 2015- 2021.
- Bradburn v. North Central Regional Library District (Washington Supreme Court 2010) Defending Library against claims of an unconstitutional internet filtering policy. The Washington Supreme Court found the Library’s policy consistent with the Washington State Constitution. The matter is pending before the U.S. District Court for resolution of First Amendment challenges under the U.S. Constitution.
- Vision One LLC v. Philadelphia Ins. Co. (Washington Court of Appeals- Div. II 2010) Defending Insurer against claims arising from the collapse of a condominium project during construction. The Court of Appeals reversed in favor of Insurer. The Washington Supreme Court has accepted review.
- McCormick v. Dunn & Black (Washington Court of Appeals- Div. II 2010) Representing Law Firm in a partnership dispute. The Court of Appeals reversed in favor of Law Firm and the matter is set for trial.
- Harman Investments v. Shah Safari, Inc. (U.S. Dist. Court, Western Dist. of Wash. 2010) Defending Company in commercial dispute. Summary judgment was entered for Company and matter is on appeal.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- J.D., Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, 1986
- B.A., Business Finance and Political Science, University of Oregon, 1981
- Washington State Bar, 1989
- Oregon State Bar, 1986
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington, 1992
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1986