Maria Y. Hodginshttps://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Maria-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Karr Tuttle Campbell Karr Tuttle Campbell https://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Maria-1024x683.jpg
Maria Hodgins is an associate at KTC focusing her practice on Labor and Employment Law, Bankruptcy, and General Litigation.
Maria Hodgins is an associate attorney at Karr Tuttle Campbell, focusing her practice on labor and employment law, bankruptcy, and general litigation.
Maria earned her Juris Doctor from the University of Washington Law School. While attending law school, Maria was a Managing Editor at the Washington Law Review and President of the Jewish Law Students Association. She also completed an externship for Justice Gonzáles at the Washington Supreme Court.
Maria was a Student Attorney for the UW Immigration Law Clinic, where she took part in asylum hearings in Spanish and drafted a complaint in naturalization denial case. She also volunteered with the Rural Alaska Tax Program, travelling to the interior of Alaska to prepare tax returns for indigenous people and individuals living in remote villages. Additionally, she volunteered with the UW Immigrant Families Advocacy Project.
During her law school summers, Maria completed a summer internship with the Consumer Education and Training Services (CENTS) and was a Summer Associate at Karr Tuttle Campbell.
She received her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Massachusetts with a double major in Political Science and Spanish and Minors in International Relations and Modern European Studies. Prior to attending law school, Maria taught English in South Korea. She is fluent in Spanish.
- King County Bar Association
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law
- Eugene Wright Scholarship Recipient (a yearly, faculty-nominated award given to a single student for outstanding scholarship)
- Pro Bono Honors Award Recipient
- B.A., University of Massachusetts Amherst, Commonwealth Honors College
- Majors: Political Science, Spanish
- Minors: International Relations, Modern European Studies
- Graduated Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude
- Study abroad in Spain
- Washington State Bar
- State Action and Gender (In)Equality: The Untapped Power of Washington’s Equal Rights Amendment | 94 Wash. L. Rev. Online 27 (2020)