Kyle B. Straughanhttps://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/kbsfeatured-1024x578.jpg 1024 578 Karr Tuttle Campbell Karr Tuttle Campbell https://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/kbsfeatured-1024x578.jpg
Kyle Straughan is also licensed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. His practice focuses on business matters with an emphasis on intellectual property, patent law, technology, and emerging companies.
Kyle Straughan is also licensed with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. His practice focuses on business matters with an emphasis on intellectual property, patent law, technology, and emerging companies. Kyle has extensive experience counseling emerging companies, startups, and established businesses with creating, managing, and utilizing their intellectual property portfolios, staying ahead of the curve with privacy and data security compliance, and assisting clients with business and intellectual property licensing transactions.
Prior to joining Karr Tuttle Campbell, Kyle worked in-house for a reputable regional telecom company and he also practiced intellectual property law for two other Seattle law firms.
- Successfully secured a growing portfolio of patents on hand-held medical devices for a Seattle technology startup.
- Established and maintained the patent portfolio for a regional construction company and oversaw expansion of their portfolio outside of the U.S.
- Represented a private payment processing company during the sale of substantially all of its $50 million in assets.
- Presenter, “An intellectual property primer for gamers,” (2018)
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- J.D., magna cum laude, Seattle University School of Law
- Seattle Journal of Environmental Law, Article Editor
- B.A., University of Washington (Physics)
- Washington State Bar
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Outside of the office, Kyle enjoys cycling around the great Seattle area, hiking with his fiancée and their dogs, gardening, and 3D animation.