Joshua M. Howardhttps://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/JMH-bio-photo-RAW-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Karr Tuttle Campbell Karr Tuttle Campbell https://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/JMH-bio-photo-RAW-1024x683.jpg
Joshua "Josh" Howard is an associate in the firm’s Litigation practice group. Josh earned his Juris Doctor at Seattle University, where he was an active member of the Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society and founding cohort of the Homeless Rights Advocacy Project. He co-authored the study, "At What Cost: The Minimum Cost of Criminalizing Homelessness in Seattle and Spokane," known as the most comprehensive study of its kind to date.
Joshua “Josh” Howard is a member of the Litigation practice group at Karr Tuttle Campbell. He earned his Juris Doctor from Seattle University, during which time he received the university’s Presidential Law Scholarship and was recognized as a finalist for the Cheney/Metzer Legal Writing Scholarship.
While earning his Juris Doctor at Seattle University, Josh was a member of both the Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society and founding cohort of the Homeless Rights Advocacy Project. He co-authored the study entitled, “At What Cost: The Minimum Cost of Criminalizing Homelessness in Seattle and Spokane,” known as the most comprehensive study of its kind to date. It was listed on Social Science Research Network’s (SSRN) top ten most downloaded list in multiple categories.
Prior to law school, Josh received his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Washington, double majoring in Political Science and Philosophy. He also served as a legal clerk among the support staff at Karr Tuttle Campbell and later returned to the firm through its Summer Associate Program.
- Presenter, “Washington’s Equal Pay and Opportunities Act: Preparing Employers for 2023 Pay Disclosures,” Employment Law Series for KTC Clients, (Nov 2022)
- Author, “At What Cost: The Minimum Cost of Criminalizing Homelessness in Seattle and Spokane,” Social Science Research Network (SSRN), (May 2015)
- Washington State Bar
- J.D., Seattle University
- Presidential Law Scholarship, Receiver
- Cheney/Metzger Legal Writing Scholarship, Finalist
- Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society, Member
- Homeless Rights Advocacy Project, Member
- B.A., Political Science and Philosophy, University of Washington
When he is able to spare some free time, Josh enjoys basketball, snowboarding, golf and playing the guitar.