Jacque E. St. Romainhttps://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Jacque-E-St-Romain-web-1024x453.jpg 1024 453 Karr Tuttle Campbell Karr Tuttle Campbell https://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Jacque-E-St-Romain-web-1024x453.jpg
Jacque St. Romain's practice focuses on real estate, land use, transactional and litigation matters. She provides litigation and transactional counsel to clients in the land use development and commercial real estate industries. Jacque also represents businesses in complex commercial disputes.
Jacque St. Romain’s practice focuses on providing litigation and transactional counseling in the land use development and real estate industries. This includes representing a broad range of clients, from small businesses to large international corporations; and from single-family tenants and landlords, to multi-building residential and commercial property owners and managers.
Jacque has significant experience drafting, negotiating, and litigating both commercial and residential leases and purchase and sale agreements. She regularly represents and advises clients on boundary and title issues. Jacque also assists clients, from the initial application through the appeals process, with land use, permitting, zoning issues, and entitlement issues,
During law school, Jacque was on the steering committee of the Immigrant Family Advocacy Project. She also studied abroad at the Université Jen Moulin Lyon III in Lyon, France, where she focused on international and comparative law in the LL.M Faculté de Droit.
Prior to law school, Jacque evaluated educational credentials from foreign countries for immigration and continuing education purposes.
- Successfully represented two short-term Seattle rental owners, in an appeal of the City’s revocation of their short-term rental licenses, which allowed for their licenses to be reinstated.
- Serves as outside legal counsel for numerous multi-family housing owners and managers in Washington state.
- Serves as outside legal counsel for large mixed-use building owners in Washington state.
- Successfully represented a family, who had fled gang violence in El Salvador, in a pro bono asylum application process; this allowed them to remain in the United States indefinitely.
- Author, “Temporary Restrictions on Evictions and Foreclosures in Seattle,” KTC Client Alert (2020)
- Author, “Commercial Lease Obligations in the Time of COVID-19,” KTC Client Alert (2020)
- American Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association: Chair, KCBA Real Property, Probate & Trust Section
- Washington State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law
- Judicial Extern, Washington Supreme Court, Justice Susan Owens
- Appellate Unit Intern, Pierce County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
- Washington Law Review, Managing Editor
- CALI Award of Excellence for Property I
- International and Comparative Law Diploma, Universite de Jean Moulin Lyon III in Lyon, France
- B.A., Claremont McKenna College
- McKenna Scholar
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Designated a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers, for multiple consecutive years beginning in 2014-2022, consecutively.
Outside of the office, Jacque enjoys attending Seahawks games, skiing, traveling, camping and spending time with her twin sons and husband. Jacque especially enjoys helping with her boys’ baseball and soccer teams.
701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3300
Seattle, Washington 98104
Legal Assistant: Heather Hattrup