J. Scott Garyhttps://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/J-Scott-Gary-web-1024x453.jpg 1024 453 Karr Tuttle Campbell Karr Tuttle Campbell https://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/J-Scott-Gary-web-1024x453.jpg
J. Scott Gary is a Karr Tuttle Campbell shareholder and member of the firm’s business and finance practice. His diverse business-related practice involves a variety of matters that combine business, corporate and intellectual property law. He often handles matters that include, but are not limited to: trademarks, licensing, mergers and acquisitions, finance, distribution and franchising, business formations, limited liability companies (LLC’s), partnerships and joint venture transactions.
A shareholder in the firm, J. Scott Gary is a member of the firm’s business and finance practice. Mr. Gary’s diverse business-related practice involves a variety of matters that combine business, corporate and intellectual property law including trademarks, licensing and intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, nondisclosure agreements, distribution and franchising, business formation and governance, corporations, limited liability companies (LLC’s), partnerships, joint venture transactions and general contractual issues.
Mr. Gary also regularly assists clients with competitive issues, tax planning, regulatory compliance, and other business needs. He has represented many clients before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
Formerly, Mr. Gary was law clerk to The Honorable Walter T. McGovern, Chief Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
- “A Practical Guide to Limited Liability Companies,” Washington CEO Magazine
- “Interstate and Foreign Commerce Issues,” Washington State and Local Tax Deskbook, Washington State Bar Association
- “Limited Liability Companies,” National Business Institute
- “Federal Taxation of Real Estate Transactions,” Washington Lawyer’s Practice Manual, Chapter Author
- “Washington Business Taxes,” National Business Institute
- “International Transaction Aspects of Washington State Excise Taxes,” Washington State Tax Conference
- Board of Directors, Chief Seattle Council, Boy Scouts of America
- American Bar Association
- Business Law, Intellectual Property, Health Care, International Law and Tax Sections
- Washington State Bar Association
- Business, Antitrust Law and Tax Law Sections
- King County Bar Association
- J.D., University of Washington, 1982
- Executive Managing Editor, Washington Law Review
- M.A., Economics, Northwestern University, 1979
- B.A., Economics with distinction, University of Colorado, 1978. Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington State Bar, 1982
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 1983
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2002
- United States Tax Court, 1988