J. Scott Garyhttps://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/J-Scott-Gary-web-1024x453.jpg 1024 453 Karr Tuttle Campbell Karr Tuttle Campbell https://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/J-Scott-Gary-web-1024x453.jpg
J. Scott Gary is a Karr Tuttle Campbell shareholder and member of the firm’s business and finance practice. His diverse business-related practice involves a variety of matters that combine business, corporate and intellectual property law. He often handles matters that include, but are not limited to: trademarks, licensing, mergers and acquisitions, finance, distribution and franchising, business formations, limited liability companies (LLCs), partnerships and joint venture transactions.
A shareholder in the firm, J. Scott Gary is a member of the firm’s business and finance practice. His diverse business-related practice involves a variety of matters that combine business, corporate and intellectual property law including trademarks, licensing and intellectual property, mergers and acquisitions, nondisclosure agreements, distribution and franchising, business formation and governance, corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs), partnerships, joint venture transactions and general contractual issues.
He also regularly assists clients with competitive issues, tax planning, regulatory compliance, and other business needs. He has represented many clients before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
Formerly, he was a law clerk to The Honorable Walter T. McGovern, Chief Judge for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
- Author, “A Practical Guide to Limited Liability Companies,” Washington CEO Magazine
- Author, “Interstate and Foreign Commerce Issues,” Washington State and Local Tax Deskbook, Washington State Bar Association
- Author, “Limited Liability Companies,” National Business Institute
- Chapter Author, “Federal Taxation of Real Estate Transactions,” Washington Lawyer’s Practice Manual
- Author, “Washington Business Taxes,” National Business Institute
- Speaker, “International Transaction Aspects of Washington State Excise Taxes,” Washington State Tax Conference
- American Bar Association
- Business Law, Intellectual Property, Health Care, International Law and Tax Sections
- Washington State Bar Association
- Business, Antitrust Law and Tax Law Sections
- King County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Chief Seattle Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Washington State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Tax Court
- J.D., University of Washington
- Executive Managing Editor, Washington Law Review
- M.A., Economics, Northwestern University
- B.A., Economics with distinction, University of Colorado
- Phi Beta Kappa
701 Fifth Avenue, Suite 3300
Seattle, Washington 98104
Legal Assistant: Julianna Seever