Dennis H. Waltershttps://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Dennis-H-Walters-web-1024x453.jpg 1024 453 Karr Tuttle Campbell Karr Tuttle Campbell https://www.karrtuttle.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Dennis-H-Walters-web-1024x453.jpg
Mr. Walters is an experienced litigator, primarily handling contract disputes, estates planning and trust disputes, and other commercial and intellectual property litigation matters, as well as personal injury, product liability and aviation-related claims. Since joining the firm in 1979, he has represented clients in scores of arbitrations, trials and appeals in state and federal courts. Mr. Walters has served as a court-appointed arbitrator in three to five civil cases each year since 1988. Mr. Walters earned his juris doctorate from Harvard Law School in 1979.
Mr. Walters is an experienced litigator, primarily handling contract disputes, real estate disputes, estate planning disputes, and other commercial, intellectual property and securities litigation matters, as well as personal injury, wrongful death, product liability and aviation-related claims. Since joining the firm in 1979, he has represented clients in scores of arbitrations (including FINRA arbitrations), trials and appeals in state and federal courts. He has been the lead trial attorney in dozens of arbitrations and trials in which seven figure dollar amounts have been at stake.
Mr. Walters has served as a court-appointed arbitrator in three to five civil cases each year since 1988. He is a panel member for the Mandatory Arbitration programs in both King County and Kitsap County.
Mr. Walters has been recognized by Super Lawyers magazine as a “Super Lawyer” in Business Litigation from 2005 to the present, by Seattle Magazine as one of Seattle’s “Top 155 Lawyers,” by Seattle Business Monthly as one of “Seattle’s Top 87 Business Lawyers,” by American Lawyer/Corporate Counsel as a “Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation,” and by American Lawyer Media as a “Top Rated Lawyer in Appellate Law.” He holds the highest “AV Preeminent” peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Some of the larger companies Mr. Walters has represented in litigation include Accuflex Industrial, Aeroquip-Vickers, Bethlehem Steel, Blue Sea Systems, the Boy Scouts of America, Cessna Aircraft, East West Bancorp, the FDIC, General Electric, General Motors, Granite Precasting, Group Health Cooperative, J.R. Hayes and Sons, Kawasaki Motors, Lufthansa Airlines, Menzies Aviation, Northwest Airlines, Outboard Marine Corporation, R&H Mining, Sea-Pac Sales, Siemens, Talgo, Teledyne-Continental Motors, Textron-Lycoming, Todd/Vigor Shipyards, U.S. Bank of Oregon, UniSea/Royal Aleutian Seafoods, and West Coast Paper.
Mr. Walters has been a speaker at seminars on a variety of litigation topics. He authored the product liability chapter in the three-volume preventive law treatise “Legal Compliance Checkups,” edited by Robert Hughes (1986).
Mr. Walters is a former pilot, holding a commercial license with multi-engine and instrument instructor ratings. He is proficient in German, having lived for four years in Vienna and Berlin.
- German linguist, U.S. Army Security Agency, West Berlin, Top Secret Security Clearance, 1972-1976
- Instructor, University of Maryland West Berlin Program, Business Administration courses, 1975-1976
- Port Orchard Yacht Club
- Secretary and Board Member 2013–present
- Martha & Mary Health Services, Poulsbo
- Board Member, 2002-2005
- Sponsor, Bosnian refugees, 1994-2004
- Literacy Council of Kitsap County, Bremerton
- Board Member, 1993-1996
- Community Services for the Blind, Seattle
- Board Member, 1979-1986
- Board President, 1984-1985
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Aviation Section (Chairman 1984-1985)
- Kitsap County Bar Association
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1979
- M.B.A. with highest honors, Boston University, 1975
- B.A., Illinois Wesleyan University, 1972
- summa cum laude; 3 semesters in Vienna, Austria
- Washington State Bar
- Alaska State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the District of Alaska
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court